Sunday, January 2, 2011

My Pink Stamper Design Team 2011- Challenge and Submission

My Pink Stamper Says:

"If you haven't already heard the news click HERE to watch my video from last night.  I have 2 openings for my upcoming 2011 My Pink Stamper Design Team!  All you need to do is add a project for this challenge by Wednesday.  I will be choosing two of you to serve 6 months on my upcoming team!"
  Here are some of the requirements....
*You will need to have a blog
*You cannot already be serving on a DT that has product that is a conflict of interest (most DTs are just fine as long as they do not sell product that is similar to My Pink Stamper Original Cricut Stamps idea)
*Your project must be made just for this challenge
*Post a pic on your blog with a full recipe along with what the challenge is about
*This needs to be a new project that you make just for this challenge
*Only one entry per person, please
*You must have either a Cricut or Imagine to serve on the team
*No experience necessary but you must have a love for the craft!  :)

Challenge:  Make a card, scrapbook page, or other Cricut project with your favorite cartridge using my favorite colors......

Pink
Green
Brown




Recipe:

Holiday Cartridge for border
Celebration Cartridge for hats
3 Rhinestones different colors
Silver embossing powder
Embossing pad
embossing folders (Swiss Dots, Snowflakes)
Die to cut label for New Year sentiment
Cuttlebug
Glue- ATG or glue of your choice, glue dots, liquid adhesive to attach gems
Cardstock- all Bazzil from HSN 
Martha Stewart Score board

I enjoyed using my Celebration cartridge with my Gypsy and Imagine.  I am so excited that I can use them together.  
I have many cartridges but this one looked like fun for a New Year's Card.  

I cut the party hats out in two colors of green and one in black.  I heat embossed all of them with silver to make them bling up.  I added 3 different colors of rhinestones at the top of each hat.  Finally, I added Stardust Sparkles to the hats to make them sparkle.

My background cardstock is from Bazzil on HSN.  It is shiny.  I embossed it using Swiss Dots.    I also used my Martha Stewart board to make the double line around the edge of the card.  The label was cut out on my Cuttlebug and embossed with Snowflake folder.  I then heat embossed it with silver embossing powder.  The silver goes around the edge and highlighting across the top of the piece.  I glued Happy New Year also cut from the Celebration cartridge.

The border is from the Holiday cake cartridge.  It it the star border. I also used some of the stars to place around the card.  I also heat embossed silver around the edges of the border.  

Once everything was attached I used the Stickles again to fill in the stars on the border and on the words Happy New Year.

I really love the look of this card.  I was very happy the way it turned out. 

5 comments:

  1. nice job. Good job with the challenge

    ReplyDelete
  2. This turned out super cute - so festive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute!!! Good luck!!! :-)
    -Sam :-)

    p.s. I'm a new follower :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Luck! I hope you check out mine at
    http://sweetsassydiva-gspot.blogspot.com

    I am enjoying all the variety and creativity! Great way to start the year! I will have to revisit that cart. TFS!

    We are doing a blog hop today for the three Kings day and there will be some yummy blog candy along the way! I hope you can stop by

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty card. Good job for the challenge.TFS

    ReplyDelete